Wednesday Night Youth Group
Each Wednesday night from September through May we offer programs for 5th-12th graders. The goal is to create a safe space where kids can build friendships while digging deeper into how we live out our faith. Our Wednesday night program includes:
5:30-6:30 Simple Supper (everyone is welcome - no cost just a freewill donation)
6:30-7:45 Youth Group time - info below on what this looks like
7:45-8:00 Wednesday Night Worship in the Sanctuary
Youth Group can look like one of three different things:
- Learning Nights - Every other week, youth explore a lesson with their peers (and leaders). This year, the 5th-6th grade group is looking at the Prophets, the 7th-8th grade Confirmation group is learning about the Small Catechism, and the high schoolers are learning and practicing "Peer Ministry."
- Fellowship Nights - Once a month or so we have fun events for all 5th-12th graders to get to know each other better, build community, and just have fun. Events for this year include life-size board games, Halloween & Christmas parties, movie night, broomball, and more!
- Service Nights - About once a month we have a service project for the whole group together. These are great for kids to grow closer and serve the broader community at the same time. Projects this year include sorting donations at VEAP, leading bingo at Martin Luther Campus, food packing with Many Hands Many Meals, and picking up litter at Christian Park.
We invite you to come see what Wednesday nights are all about! If you have questions or want to see a full calendar of what we have planned, just email Ben at email@example.com and he'd be happy to help you out!
We also have opportunities for older youth to go on trips & retreats together. Some of the past options are listed below. For more information about upcoming overnight events, please contact Ben at 612-500-9523 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Confirmation Retreat each fall at Luther Park Bible Camp in Danbury, WI.
- Lock-in each year at church with the Gustavus Youth Outreach Team, a group of college students who lead us in games, Bible study, and worship.
- Family Mission Trips open to ALL ages to serve together! In 2017 we went to Madison and in 2018 we're going to the Duluth/Superior area.
- Week-long trips for high schoolers - In 2017 we took a high-adventure trip to Flathead Lutheran Bible Camp in Montana to go rafting on the edge of Glacier National Park. In 2018 our high school youth are headed to the ELCA National Youth Gathering in Houston, TX.
- We also encourage youth to attend summer camp at Luther Park in Danbury, WI. They offer week-long camps, half-week options for young kids, family camp, grandparent & kid camps, and much more! Check out www.lutherpark.com to learn more. To help make camp possible, we will gladly contribute $50 for any child to attend camp (further scholarship money is available if needed).